Case studies →
- New Wildlife Pond West Sussex
- Wildlife Pond in Esher, Surrey
- Garden Makeover (Wimbledon)
- Herbaceous Borders for Converted Farm Building
- Wildlife Garden (Surrey)
- Riverside Garden (Cotswolds)
- New Build (East Sussex)
- Cottage Garden (West Sussex)
- Wildflower Pond
- New Brick paths and Terrace for Country Home
- Koi Ponds
- Pond clearing in West Sussex
- Challenges of a new-build garden on heavy clay in Sussex
- Walled Terrace and Garden in Petworth, West Sussex
New Brick paths and Terrace for Country Home
This is a lovely house in a peaceful setting but the areas around the property had been left untouched with hard concrete borders and a very uninteresting rear area with little or no interest.
We started by ripping out the concrete all around the house being careful not to damage the fabric of the building. Then we made a long flowerbed all along the frontage, making the front door look less lost out on a limb. We edged the bed with an attractive tile and planted the borders with large buxus balls and herbaceous plants.
On the side of the property we created a new seating area with lovely clay pavers which we carried on through to a meandering path area at the rear. Over the path we had a bespoke pergola made and planted each side with sweet smelling climbers and herbaceous plants. This added more interest to a rather dull back lawn and was immediately used by the two family pet dogs! The outlook from the kitchen sink was enhanced and the whole area was more inviting.